The Coaver Club first opened in 1964 and has since striven to improve the facilities for its members; past, present, former and retired members of Devon county Council staff and their families. Members are also made up of associated bodies and local residents.
*24th July 2020 Update*
We now have reopened some indoor seating and are welcoming our customers to sit inside but still follow social distancing rules. (Please be seated after you have got your drinks, no standing permitted)
Coaver Club Re opening and COVID-19 Response
We are happy to announce that we will welcome you back to the Coaver Club on Wednesday 8th July at 5pm. Things will feel a little different so that we can ensure a safe environment for our members and our staff. please read the and follow the guidance below-
* Our team are ready and have had training on new procedures, basic refresher training and our Covid-19 risk assessment
* Our team will have the option to wear PPE and must wear a freshly washed set of clothes for each shift.
*Members please always have your membership cards on you as you will need to swipe on entry, this will enable the club to record your details of attendance.
(Guests must sign in at the bar and leave their full name and contact details)
Failure to have membership cards or sign in guests will result in bar staff not permitted to serve you.
* We will be operating outside only to begin with;
SUNDAY 12.00-6.00pm ....weather permitting
~Plans to open inside will follow in due course~
(opening times will be monitored closely and may change)
*Strictly no unoccupied children allowed on the premises
* Toilets will be available, and will be one in, one out, and there will be paper towels as well as hand dryers. We ask that you use the designated sanitising station prior to entry.
* Orders will be placed at the bar. There will be a separate entrance and exit clearly marked out for members to follow. All with hand sanitiser stations so please use before entering.
*No seating or lingering at the bar
*Please respect the clear rules that no more than 2 households can meet up at one time. Social distancing must always be adhered to . Tables must not be moved. We will not be serving any groups of more than 6 people or any combination that is against Government regulations.
* All drinks will be served on trays, and we kindly ask that you return your empties to the station provided outside.
* Please use contactless to pay
*You may bring your own seats or rugs to sit on but please inform staff as you will need disposable glasses if you are not at a table
* Tables will be cleaned between use and toilets monitored regularly
*No functions, evening meetings, sports teams, dance or exercise classes, will be permitted until further notice
* As we adapt to a slower pace, we ask that you bear with us in the early days whilst we all get used to a new way of working for the short term.
* Please be kind and respectful of social distancing, any verbal abuse and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
We are looking forward to seeing all our members again and thank you in advance for adhering to the rules above for us to operate as efficiently and safely as we can.